India is home to a diverse range of ethnic groups and locations, each with its own distinct culinary traditions. They form a diversified country, with cuisine that pays tribute to the country’s regions via flavorful dishes. With these must-try Indian keto recipies, you can enjoy substantial and healthful keto Indian meals.
Indian cuisine is known for being high in carbohydrates, as it frequently includes carb-heavy foods. However, by substituting certain items with a healthier and lower carbohydrate choice, you may continue to enjoy your favorite Indian keto recipes without jeopardizing your keto diet.
What Is Keto?
The ketogenic diet entails the body’s major source of energy being fats rather than carbs. In a ketogenic diet, your meals should consist of only 10% carbohydrates, 20% protein, and 70% fats. The low-carb diet has gained popularity among celebrities all around the world. It is supposed to function by causing the body to switch from burning carbs to burning fat for energy.
The ketogenic diet’s stratospheric surge in popularity is proof that this unique diet is here to stay. Keto has a devoted following, unlike many other fad diets that have come and gone. This diet, which urges you to eliminate carbohydrates and boost fat consumption, appears to be particularly popular among Indians. The diet is built around the concept of ‘ketosis.’
A keto diet, as previously stated, causes your body to burn more fat for fuel. The goal, like with any weight-reduction plan, is to consume fewer calories while burning more than is required to maintain your weight.
Some keto diets include a higher protein consumption, which promotes satiety and quicker metabolism. Indian food that is high in protein and low in carbohydrates may undoubtedly improve the appearance of your body!
Many keto-friendly alternatives with nutritious veggies and spices are available in Indian cuisine to aid weight reduction. So give this low-carb Indian keto recipies list a go!
What Foods Are Keto-Friendly?
- Local, pastured eggs or entire omega-3 eggs
- Cauliflower, french beans, broccoli, mushrooms, bottle gourd, brinjals (eggplant), zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, green leaves such as spinach and kale, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and other low-carb vegetables
- Grass-fed butter, heavy cream, and coconut cream are used in this recipe. Peanut butter and almond butter are other excellent choices.
- mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese (paneer), goat, cream cheese, or blue cheese are examples of unprocessed cheeses.
- Almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and other nuts and seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil, clarified butter (ghee), coconut oil, and avocado oil are all healthy oils.
- Sweeteners: monk fruit, stevia, erythritol, xylitol
- Avocados: Whole avocados or guacamole cooked from scratch
- Salt, pepper, herbs, and Indian spices are used as condiments.
5 Indian Keto Diet Recipies
Baingan Ka Bharta
Ingredients: cumin seeds, white onion, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, crushed black pepper, paprika, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic cloves, ginger, Serrano pepper,
This is a popular Indian meal that comes in a variety of flavors. It is one of the best and delicious Indian keto recipes. Bharta refers to mashed vegetables, and this meal includes smoky eggplants, tomatoes, and a variety of spices and seasonings. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to smoke eggplants; Ashley shows you how to do it in your oven. For a vegetarian (and vegan) ketogenic meal, serve with spaghetti squash or a large serving of cauliflower rice.
If you’re on a keto diet, paneer will be your best buddy. According to USDA statistics, a 100-gram serving of paneer has just 3.4 grams of carbohydrates! In India, paneer is often used in vegetarian recipes, and bhurji is one of the most healthy and simple paneer dishes. You may also use it to make keto-friendly desserts and salads.
Chicken Tikka Masala
Ingredients: Garam masala, ground coriander, ground cumin, whole fat plain Greek yogurt, onion, ghee, tomatoes, salt, cashews, fresh coriander, lime wedges, chicken breasts, garlic, ginger, red Thai chili peppers.
A collection of Indian keto recipies wouldn’t be complete without chicken tikka masala. Despite the fact that this popular recipe is not Indian in origin! Its actual roots are debated, however, most believe that it comes from the United Kingdom… Chicken tikka masala is tandoori grilled chicken in a creamy tomato sauce for those who are unfamiliar. To make this dish dairy-free, substitute coconut yogurt or coconut cream.
Whole Roast Chicken
Ingredients: Garam masala, crushed hot chili, salt, lemon juice, tarragon, onion, ghee, cloves, black peppercorns, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, chicken broth
It takes a little longer to prepare this spiced entire roasted chicken, but the result is a highly soft and delicious dish that is well worth the wait. Many Indian recipes call for a variety of spices that you may not have on hand. However, they are a worthy purchase because the spices will enhance the flavor of your keto foods significantly.
Indian Roasted Vegetables
This roasted vegetable recipe is another Indian dish that works well as a side or main course. These veggies are anything but dull, thanks to the spiciness and tomato puree. They’re also quite simple to keep keto-friendly. Simply season cauliflower, mushrooms, and green beans with a masala spice combination produced at home. Toss them with tomato puree once they’ve been roasted. It’s quick, easy, and only takes 30 minutes!
If You Are On Keto, Which Foods Are Strictly Prohibited?
- Chickpeas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans, and other legumes or beans
- Potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, and other root vegetables
- Whole-wheat goods such as bread, pasta, or crackers, rice, barley, millet, semolina, bulgur, oatmeal, cereal, and other grains and cereals
- All fruits, except avocado and berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in moderation.
- Carbonated drinks, sweets, fruit juice, pastries, smoothies, ice cream, candies, chocolates, jaggery, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave, dates, and so on all include sugar or sweeteners.
- Processed vegetable oils, trans fats, and other unhealthy fats
- Alcoholic beverages include beer, wine, liquor, and cocktails.
- Sugar-free chocolates, sweeteners, syrups, puddings, desserts, and other sugar-free diet foods
The famous Indian Keto diet is causing quite a stir. There are many uncertainties regarding whether or not the diet works, as well as the much-anticipated whats and hows. One of the most common reasons why people in India adopt the Keto diet is to lose weight or break through a weight loss plateau. You can try the above-mentioned Indian keto recipe on your keto DIet.
Also read: 5 Quick & Easy Desi Snacks Recipes Everyone Must Try
Leave a Reply